The Best Colors to Paint Your Kitchen Cabinets
The kitchen is one of the most important rooms in the house. Whether you’re renovating, getting ready to sell, or itching for a new look, getting the colors right is key to a stunning result. And the best place to start is the cabinets.
Here are your best options for cabinet colors that you can adapt to almost any style.
- White: A white kitchen will never go out of style. If you want a choice that’s highly adaptable and will last a long time, this is the one. It will keep your kitchen feeling open and bright, and you can use other items to bring in color.
- Almost White: Of course, there’s a whole range of nearly-white colors that can give you a softer tone while still keeping things delightfully bright.
- Gray: Whether it’s light or dark, warm or cool, country or modern, gray is such a versatile neutral that you can use it to give almost any feel to your kitchen. And it goes beautifully with so many other colors that it’s a great alternative to white.
- Light: Depending on the style of your cabinets, light wood tones can give a cozy cottage feel or a bright modern look. Mix with soft colors like blues, yellows, or greens. Light wood also goes beautifully with other neutrals, especially black and white.
- Dark: Super dark woodstains can give you a stunning rustic, old-world look. You can pair them with bright colors and jewel tones for a bold Mediterranean style. If your cabinets are sleek and smooth, dark wood can be ultra modern combined with silver or brass and stainless steel appliances.
- Mixed: No one says you have to choose just one color. Mixing tones, like using a lighter hue for upper cabinets and a darker hue for the lower ones gives you an unexpectedly beautiful result.
Blues and Greens
- Earthy Green: Earth-tone greens are a great choice for creating a calm, relaxed atmosphere. It’s also a color that encourages you to bring more of nature inside, creating the perfect backdrop for fresh flowers, natural wood accents, and stone.
- Serenity: This blue lives up to its name. It’s Pantone’s color of the year for 2016, and it would be a gorgeous way to brighten your space and infuse a little extra serenity into your life. Mix with white, gray, light wood tones, or even a dash of rose quartz—the other color of the year.
- Turquoise: There’s no knowing how long turquoise will stay popular, but it’s certainly hot right now. It’s a bright, beautiful color—sweet but not too sweet. It goes beautifully with coral and almost any neutral.
- Aqua: Another new color that’s popped up this year is aqua. Bright and bold, it’s not for the faint of heart. Pair with black for an ultramodern look.
- Yellow: In its own category, yellow somehow manages to be rustic, cheerful, modern, and relaxing all at once, making it a versatile option for almost any kitchen.